cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: xsl:includes within includes stylesheets...
Date Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:12:14 GMT
So you mean that in 2.1.2 it _was_ aware of changes in includes? Haven't noticed it before,
though
never used that particular version... ;-)

By the way: same accounts for something simple like the directory generator. The generator
only
looks at the timestamp of the directory, but that isn't changed when files are added to a
directory.
At least not under Windows (XP)...

Oh, by the way. Tibor is right, just touch the top level XSL, then you don't have to 'bounce'
your
tomcat. Not a perfect solution, but at least saves some time... (i think)

Cheers

Philip.Fennell@empolis.com wrote:

> Up to recently I was using 2.1.2, I've now updated to 2.1.6 and I've
> just noticed the following:
>
> If you have a stylesheet that uses xsl:include to add extra templates to
> the stylesheet and in turn the included stylesheet also includes another
> stylesheet, Cocoon is no longer aware of changes to the stylesheet at
> the bottom of the 'stack'.
>
> The only way, I've discovered so far, to get the changes noticed is to
> bounce Tomcat (this clears the cache) but as you might image that's a
> *#@!ing nuisance!!!
>
> If I bring the second include up to the top level all is fine, but then
> I have to modify other stylesheets and then I loose some of my
> modularity.
>
> Anyone care to comment on what's changes???
>

> Regards
>
> Phil Fennell

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50