cocoon-users mailing list archives

From JD Daniels ...@kismetsoftware.com>
Subject Cocoon hosting
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:30:18 GMT
Hi everyone :)

One of the things my little company does is web hosting. I ended up with
cocoon as a natural progression in solving clients problems. I think
that I am now ready to make cocoon a standard service to provide. I have
built a server setup with Cpanel [1] with the tomcat module installed..

Now what the opinions I am interested in hearing about from cocoon users
is what kind of setup any of you may be using. Up to this point, I have
had only one server pretty much dedicated to tomcat/cocoon. I have
noticed however, that after about 15 unique cocoon instances in the same
number of virtual host containers, that the machine gets a little
unstable. I will never know when a client will need something like ssl,
so I don't think a single shared cocoon instance would be very good to have.

How many people (if any) have a setup something like:

tomcat
     /hosts
         /host_root
            /html-static-apache
            /full-cocoon-servlet
         /host_root
            /html-static-apache
            /full-cocoon-servlet
         /host_root
            /html-static-apache
            /full-cocoon-servlet

And how does it scale? ( I have currently around 60ish hosts )

[1] Cpanel - http://www.cpanel.net/