cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: need help with cron job scheduler using JobStore tx
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:09:21 GMT
Frank Rennekamp wrote:
> I want to run some cronjobs, and as long as I use the 'ram' JobStore
> everything is fine.
> But now I would like to save this cronjobs in a database, using the
> JobStore 'tx'. Therefore I added the Quartz database tables to the
> personnel database (HSQLDB), and in cocoon.xconf I wrote for the
> scheduler:

> <store type="tx"
> delegate="org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdJDBCDelegate">
>     <datasource>personnel</datasource>
> </store>
>
> and in the section datasources
>   <datasources>
>     <jdbc logger="core.datasources.personnel" name="personnel">
>       <pool-controller max="10" min="5"/>
>       <dburl>jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost:9002</dburl>
>       <user>test</user>
>       <password>secret</password>
>     </jdbc>
>   </datasources>
>
> But this isn't working, I get the error:
>

> Initialization Problem
> Message: Failure occured during job recovery.

> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: cannot
> create a quartz scheduler
>
> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>
> Source: Cocoon Servlet
>
> cause
> org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [See nested
exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Failed to obtain DB connection from data source
'jndi:personnel': java.sql.SQLException: Could not retrieve datasource via JNDI url 'personnel'
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name personnel is not bound in this Context [See nested
exception: java.sql.SQLException: Could not retrieve datasource via JNDI url 'personnel' javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
Name personnel is not bound in this Context]]
The message clearly states that Quartz queries for the datasource using
a JNDI lookup while you have passed a cocoon pool name. Two totally
different things.

Either define a datasource at your container or write a special store
that gets a connection from cocoon pool.