cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jan Hinzmann <...@geeksonly.de>
Subject Re: Flowscript switch statement
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:26:55 GMT
i realised that too, and therefore am using if-else combinations now.

I think having the switch-statement working with strings depends on the
javascript-distribution.

In java itself, you cannot "switch over strings",  but you can define constants
and switch over them.

var MY_CONSTANT1 = 1;
var MY_CONSTANT2 = 2;

var foo = MY_CONSTANT1;

switch(foo) {
case MY_CONSTANT1 : print("introducing a indirectionlayer");break;

case MY_CONSTANT2 : print("solves most problems in computerscience");break;

default : print("some default answer");
}

Mark Lowe wrote:
> I imagine that everyone's been too busy developing apps at the speed
> of light, on the rapid application development framework known as
> cocoon, to have noticed that switch statements don't work with
> flowscript, at least when testing strings.
>
> var foo = "bar";
>
> switch(foo) {
>   case "bar" : print("switch works"); break;
>   default : print("this is a rancid crock of poo");break;
> }
>
> Please tell me I'm missing something and cocoon is the best thing
> since sliced bread.
>
> Mark

Gruss, Jan Hinzmann