cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: XSL File I/O
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:53:09 GMT
Hi,

I would suggest to create a pipe that provides a list of all images in xml format. Pass the
url to
this pipe as a parameter of your XSL and use the document(..) function to access this url.
You can
use normal XSL expressions to search for existance of file names and fall back on other names
when
you don't find it. The cocoon pipe that provides the list of images most likely uses a generator
of
type 'directory' or 'imagedirectory'. These are part of core Cocoon I believe.

Cheers,
Geert

Hiral Parikh wrote:

>  Hi,
> I am doing a bunch of XSL transformations from an XML file using Cocoon
> 2.1.5.1 and finally generate a FO file.
>
> I have the following requirement to carry out in my XSL transformations:
> 1. Get the fileurl for images in the XML (e.g. /images/A.jpg) 2. Check for
> the file on a physical location 3. If the file exist then ok, otherwise
> change the file url (/images/A_temp.jpg).
>
> I have not used File I/O using XSL and am not even sure if that's possible.
> Can someone please throw some light on this ?
> Is it possible to fulfill the above requirement with XSL?
> Are there any other ways to do this using Cocoon?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Hiral

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50