cocoon-users mailing list archives

From WHIRLYCOTT <p...@whirlycott.com>
Subject Re: separation of roles
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:35:39 GMT
The project I'm involved in has all of the UI built in XML/XSLT and I
hate it.  I find it cumbersome and clunky.  If you are developing a UI,
I would listen to the others who have recommended Tapestry (I haven't
used it) or even jx.  Now, if you are going to develop for browsers on
multiple devices (i.e. handheld, phone, desktop), then I can start to
see XSLT being useful, but don't inflict the pain of building UI in XSLT
  upon yourselves unless you have a reason to do so.

phil.

Vlad Golodov wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> we are making a project using cocoon. Our company has developers who don't
> know anything about design, and designers, who don't know anything about
> cocoon.
>
> At the moment we have all screens written in XML, and they are transformed
> through the XSL files. Thus, xsl files have too much html code. Should the
> html code be removed from there somehow?
>
> How developers could write a system, so that designers(which probably know
> only html) don't deal with the underlying layers?
>

> Vlad Golodov
> Tel. + 372 88 11 244
> http://www.vladgolodov.com
> Sun Certified Java Programmer
> MBCS (Member of British Computer Society)

                                   Whirlycott
                                   Philip Jacob
                                   phil@whirlycott.com
                                   http://www.whirlycott.com/phil/