cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Tony Edwards <TEdwa...@civica.com.au>
Subject Re: Dispatching flowscript commands
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2005 21:46:51 GMT
Hi Mark,
Is this similar to what you're after?
    //If user selects 'newUser', display new user form
    if ("newUser".equals (userForm.submitId)) {
        print("New User selected!");
        newUser();
        return;
    } else if ("userSearch".equals (userForm.submitId)){
        print("searching for an existing user");
        searchUser();
        return;
    } else {
        var userNar = model.narNums;
        print("Edit existing user with nar of " + userNar);
        editUser(userNar);
    }
I've got a form with 3 buttons with ids of newUser, userSearch and
userSelect.
Depending on which button gets clicked determines what function gets
called next.

If I'm completely off the mark, my apologies!!!!

Regards,
Tony

Mark Lowe wrote:

> > I see you're getting into the true cocoon spirit!
>
> Perhaps reluctantly yes..
>
> I solved that problem, I'm still trying to distingish between whats up
> with cocoon and the code these crack addicts wrote..
>
> The nature of my problem is that I didn't reflect on how flowscript
> works with showForm() the submitId wont appear until the submission
> gets passed that bit of the code. I was errornously thinking that
> submitId was just a wrapper around the request parameters, but when i
> viewed the source there was no way that could have been the case.
>
> I haven't found a way of mapping buttons to functions so I could have
> a crud.js with save,delete and so on run on different button presses
> (at least without client-side javascript which I don't like doing).
>
> Thanks for the replies
>
> Mark
>

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:38:30 +0100, Jorg Heymans <jh@domek.be> wrote:
> >

> > Mark Lowe wrote:
> > > Guess its more trial and error looking at the source code and the
> > > fragments that are commonly refered to as documents..
> >
> > I see you're getting into the true cocoon spirit!
> >
> > ;)
> > Jorg

This email is from Civica Pty Limited and it, together with any attachments,
is confidential to the intended recipient(s) and the contents may be legally
privileged or contain proprietary and private information. It is intended
solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this email. If received in
error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your system
immediately.
Any views or opinions expressed in this email and any files transmitted with
it are those of the author only and may not necessarily reflect the views of
Civica and do not create any legally binding rights or obligations
whatsoever. Unless otherwise pre-agreed by exchange of hard copy documents
signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts may not be concluded on
behalf of Civica by email.
Please note that neither Civica nor the sender accepts any responsibility
for any viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and the
attachments (if any). All email received and sent by Civica may be monitored
to protect the business interests of Civica.