cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Elad Messing" <elad.mess...@gmail.com>
Subject AW: Development Env' - Cocoon, Eclipse and Tomcat - Newbie question
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 14:59:55 GMT

Von: Perez Carmona, David [mailto:DPerezCar@fcc.es]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2005 15:18
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: RE: Development Env' - Cocoon, Eclipse and Tomcat - Newbie question

See my answers below,

  _____

De: Elad Messing [mailto:elad.messing@gmail.com]
Enviado el: jueves, 10 de febrero de 2005 15:11
Para: Perez Carmona, David

Dear David

    Sorry for writing in private, but I do not want to clutter the mailing
list.

 [David] I think it is better to use the mailing list, other users, that may
have the same problem, will benefit also.

    I seem to miss something. Let me repeat the steps I think you meant in
your reply :

    1. From the cocoon dist, compile the source.

    2. Now I have the build directory with the examples, doc and all.

    3. Add a new Tomcat Project in Eclipse.

    4. link all the jars in the Coccon_Build\WEB-INF\LIB to the Eclipse new
project's class-path.

    Opened questions :

    1. As Eclipse already create a "WEB-INF\SRC" directory - what should I
do in your step 2 ?

[David]The WEB-INF/src and WEB-INF/classes folders are just for code in
custom components.

    2. As Eclipse compile all sources in "WEB-INF\SRC" directory into a
"WEB-INF\CLASSES" directory - what should I do in your step 3 ?

    3. What about the web.xml, the xmap and conf files that are compiled in
the "Coccon_Build\WEB-INF" directory ? are they not needed ?

 [David] Of course they are needed.  Cocoon is a regular servlet app and any
servlet needs a web.xml file.  Look at the servlet specification, specially
its directory structure, it is quite simple

    Sorry for my ignorance in the matter :)

[David] If you are using Java 1.4, put in tomcat/common/endorsed/ the
following files provided with Cocoon:

1.	xalan*.jar

2.	xerces*.jar

3.	xml-apis.jar