cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Schlabach <tschlab...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [CForms] How to send data from a form in an email? (solved)
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:07:03 GMT
Hi!

Yes ... as I said ... this all works fine.

But I found the answer myself in the meanwhile. It's here:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/Flow

(last entry)

Even that FAQ entry is not too straightforward to me, but it contained
the hint I was looking for. In the sitemap you can say:

   <map:act type="sendmail">
     <map:parameter name="smtphost" value="localhost"/>
     <map:parameter name="to" value="{flow-attribute:email}"/>
     <map:parameter name="subject" value="Mitglied!"/>
   </map:act>

The flow-attribute was the missing piece. I will check and see wether I
should offer a documentation patch, because I did not find this anywhere
in the documentation.

Depending on what one wants to do, you can attach the result of a
pipeline to an email using

  <map:parameter name="attachments"
                    value="cocoon://yourpipeline"/>

If one wants to send a text only email containing any values entered in
the CForms, this should work:

<map:act type="sendmail">
     <map:parameter name="smtphost" value="localhost"/>
     <map:parameter name="to" value="{flow-attribute:email}"/>
     <map:parameter name="subject" value="Mitglied!"/>
     <map:parameter name="body" value="Dear Mr. {flow-attribute:name},
..." />
   </map:act>

I haven't tried this. It would be quite cumbersome if you have a larger
text in which you maybe only want to include an order number for example
and you had to put all that email text into the sitemap.

Maybe there is a way of using the result of a pipeline not only as an
email attachment but also as the body of the message, but this does NOT
work:

<map:act type="sendmail">
     <map:parameter name="smtphost" value="localhost"/>
     <map:parameter name="to" value="{flow-attribute:email}"/>
     <map:parameter name="subject" value="Mitglied!"/>
     <map:parameter name="body" value="cocoon://yourpipeline" />
   </map:act>

(Being that verbose just for others who might have the same problem and
find this email in the archives.!)

Regards,
Torsten