cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: [CForms] How to send data from a form in an email?
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:54:28 GMT
Hi,

If I have understood the tutorial, than that data should be available in a jx template to
which you
direct with sendPage or sendPageAndWait. See:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/tutor.html

Cheers

Torsten Schlabach wrote:

> Geert Josten schrieb:
>
>  >> That layer doesn't have to be Flowscript.  :-)
>
>  >> A much better reason to consider using Flowscript is (to my humble
>  >> opinion): continuation..
>
>  >> CForms is just handy to connect data to 'HTML' forms (as far as I
>  >> know, please correct me if I'm totally wrong)...
>
> I probably did not make my problem clear enough. I am setting up a
> multi-page form wizard, which is exactly what CForms and Flow are made
> for. And this works fine.
>
> Once all data is entered (and validated, which is why CForms / Flow need
> to be in the picture) I want to email this data somewhere.
>
> What concerns me is that the Cocoon documentation talks about some
> generators, that are aware of data that comes from the
> cocoon.sendPage(url, data) or cocoon.sendPageAndWait(url, data) calls.
>
> Regards,
> Torsten
>
>>>  >> I haven't got around using CForms and jx, so can't tell how fields
>>>  >> are passed in that case...
>>>
>>> But this is 1.000.000 EUR question. The difference is that when using
>>> CForms / Flowscript there is a layer in between the request values
>>> and the parsed data.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Torsten
>>

>> That layer doesn't have to be Flowscript. :-)
>>
>> A much better reason to consider using Flowscript is (to my humble
>> opinion): continuation..
>>
>> CForms is just handy to connect data to 'HTML' forms (as far as I
>> know, please correct me if I'm totally wrong)...
>>
>> Cheers

Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50