cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Schlabach <tschlab...@apache.org>
Subject [CForms] How to send data from a form in an email?
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:05:56 GMT
Hi all,

I have a quite straight forward problem, but I was yet unable to find a
solution.

All I want is to have the website visitor enter some information into a
form and have Cocoon email this information somewhere using the Sendmail
  action.

I have a matcher in the sitemap which is called from the flowscript,
such as:

<map:match pattern="mitgliedsantrag_bestaetigung.jx">
   <map:act type="sendmail">
     <map:parameter name="smtphost" value="localhost"/>
     <map:parameter name="from" value="x@y.com"/>
     <map:parameter name="to" value="someone@somewhere.com"/>
     <map:parameter name="body" value="... what should I put here ???"/>
   </map:act>
</map:match>

This is called from a flowscript.js:

cocoon.sendPage("mitgliedsantrag_bestaetigung.jx", bizdata);

The JavaScript array bizdata contains the information collected in a form.

Am I trying the wrong aproach to this?

Bonus question:

Should I rather set up a pipeline which builds the mail body? I could
use the JX generator to achieve this. But then the question would be:
How do I send the result of a pipeline in an email?

Regards,
Torsten