cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: How might I do this in Cocoon?
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 21:06:43 GMT
Hi Michael,

How large is large? Could you give file size and number of entries?

Reading it using DOM takes about 10 times as much memory as in file size. So trying to avoid
that
could be one concern.

On the other hand, perhaps the HashMap implementation is not efficient enough for your needs.
can't tell how well the xsl:key indexes perform, but I haven't had trouble using it on over
thousand
records (in an attempt to do a select distinct using XSL).

You might be able to access your lookup from an XSL stylesheet (using document() ), making
it use
xsl:key on that document (just switch context to a node from the lookup document) and use
plain XSL
to make this work...

(I still think writing XSL is easier than writing Java)

Not aware of a transformer that particularly suits your requirements...

Cheers,
Geert

--
Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50