cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geert Josten <Geert.Jos...@daidalos.nl>
Subject Re: using resources from root sitemap in subsitemap?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:40:28 GMT
Hi all, I'm new on the list.

I suppose entities will work, but sounds a bit awkward to me. Can't tell about 2.1.6.

A more general question though: In which cases have you all found resources easy to use?

I tend to just write more pipelines and matches that are smaller and are constructed such
that you
can combine them easily. Something like:

       <map:match pattern="mytransform/**">
         <map:generate src="cocoon:/{1}" />
         <map:transform src="mytransform.xsl" />
         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
       </map:match>

so that somewhere else one can do:

       <map:match pattern="get/**">
         <map:generate src="{global:resource-path}{1}" />
         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
       </map:match>

       <map:match pattern="get/result.html">
         <map:generate src="cocoon:/mytransform/get/data.xml" />
         <map:serialize type="html"/>
       </map:match>

Might affect performance, but I found this to be quite powerfull. High portion of reusability.

Any comments? Should I ask such questions on cocoon dev mailing list?

Cheers,
Geert

--
Geert.Josten@Daidalos.nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50