cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Philippe Guillard <pguill...@soociety.com>
Subject Re: JAVA or PHP
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 15:58:05 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>On Lun, 7 de Febrero de 2005, 9:35, fadi qutaishat dijo:
>

>>Hi all,
>>

>>My name is Fadi, I have newly subscribed to the list !
>>

>>My problem is that I have learnt Cocoon’s basics and my current research
>>project requires the system that I am working on to have more advanced
>>features.
>>

>Before answering this question, please explain us more about your background.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Antonio Gallardo
>

>>I have read that one way to extends the Cocoon’s capabilities is to
>>write XPS files which requires a knowledge in Java. Unfortunately, I
>>don’t have the Java skills.
>>
>>I have been told that I can do the advanced things through using the PHP
>>(which also I know nothing about PHP!) and then incorporate that in
>>Cocoon.
>>
>>I have searching for stuff on the internet that shows how use the PHP
>>inside Cocoon but I have not fully understood their ideas due to the lack
>>of knowledge in PHP.
>>
>>I am in the position that I have to decide to learn Java to write XSP or
>>to learn the PHP!.
>>
>>Please could any one advise me ? even on learning something different.
>>
>>Kind Regards,
>>
>>Fadi

I f you are totally new for developement, and want to make a website
quickly, sure you should go to PHP. If you have time and you are
curious, i suggest Java and Cocoon, will be hard work at beginning but
fun afterwards, that's my case! Developping in XSP or something else
with cocoon will not require so deep knowledge in Java anyway, this is
why it is a framework.

Phil