cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dominique Galland <dominique.gall...@dauphine.fr>
Subject UTF-8 form and URL parameters encoding
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:21:03 GMT
I have carefully read the Wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/RequestParameterEncoding?action=highlight&value=container-encoding
<http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/RequestParameterEncoding?action=highlight&value=container-encoding>
but I have still a problem with parameter encoding

Pages are serialized in UTF-8
URL are encoded with the URLEncode Transformer
Tomcat container-encoding  is ISO-8859-1
Tomcat form-encoding is UTF-8

It works well for form parameters but not for encoded URL's that contains non ASCII Characters
in their parameters
Those URL are correctly displayed by the browser but on submit the parameters decoding fails.
If I change Tomcat container-encoding to UTF-8 (just for trying) it works with the URL's but
not for the form parameters
I dont understand the difference and how I can specify and encoding which works in both cases.

Does someone have an idea. ?

Dominique Galland
Paris 9 University
dominique.galland@dauphine.fr