cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon app as a JSR 168 portlet
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 15:59:50 GMT
Bowe, Bastian wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I would like to run the cocoon 2.1.6 application (as it is
>available on the website) as a JSR 168 portlet within Pluto
>running on Tomcat 4.1.31. There are might be better solutions to
>achieve this but I want to do it this way because I'm planning to
>deploy a cocoon app in a plumtree 5 JSR portlet container.

Wow. You have me totally confused.  I'm not sure how you expect this to
work.

Cocoon, as it exists today, is  a servlet. It can't be used as a JSR-168
portlet as it doesn't implement that interface, unless you wrap it with
a generic portlet that wraps the servlet, perhaps in an iframe.  Another
possibility would be to copy CocoonServlet.java and create
CocoonPortlet.java, although I can't say how well that would work.  The
worst part of all this is it sounds like you are configuring Cocoon to
run JSR-168 portlets as well.