cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Linden H van der (MI)" <H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl>
Subject RE: Best practice for conditionally displaying widgets?
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:42:26 GMT
> >>var bindpipe = "cocoon://" + myfile + ".bind";
> >>

> >it should be "cocoon:/" (with one slash)
> >
> >Gunter
> >

> You can use cocoon:// or cocoon:/

I tried both, but they both end in error "no such protocol". ;-(

I'm using Cocoon 2.1.7 of somewhere in Jan 2005 and I know this protocol
is around for several releases already, so that should not be the
problem.

> If You use cocoon:// you have to specify the path of your page from
> webapp dir, with cocoon:/ the path is from the directory that contain
> the sitemap.

OK, good to know the difference.

> With cocoon protocol you have to use the session for passing
> parameter, ie:
>
> in the flowscript
>
> cocoon.session.setAttribute("locale", locale);
>
> in the def file
>
> <jx:if test="${session.getAttribute('locale').methodoflocaleobject ==
> somevalue}">
> </jx:if>

Thanks for mentioning. I'll go and find out how to use this.

Bye, Helma