cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Lopke, Michael" <mike.lo...@hp.com>
Subject How might I do this in Cocoon?
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 20:47:08 GMT

I was wondering if there was a way to do this in Cocoon.

I have a java servlet that queries a database and produces xml.  Part of
this includes translating some of the data, like product numbers, using
a HashMap.  The HashMap is built from an xml source and is very large.
Populating it takes a long time so I set it up using a singleton class
and a timer to provide an update mechanism that wouldn't cause
performance issues.

I was wanting the same functionality using Cocoon but want to avoid the
performance issues.  Is there a transformer I can use?  Should I
consider writing one?

Thanks,
Mike Lopke