cocoon-users mailing list archives

From fadi qutaishat <fadi_taher2...@yahoo.com>
Subject closing db connection
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:53:39 GMT

Hi all,

After having a lot of troubles in doing the configurations I have managed to establish the
connection from cocoon to MySQL db. I have used the latest JDK version which is J2sdk1.4.2_07
and Cocoon version 2.1.6 and Tomcat version 4.0.6.

I have used a simple XML file that contains SQL statement to do the test and it was like the
following:

<document>

    <sql:execute-query xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">

        <sql:use-connection>newdb</sql:use-connection>

      <sql:query>

select emp_id,emp_name from employee

      </sql:query>

    </sql:execute-query>

</document>

So my question is that after finishing the query do I have to close the connection with MySQL
db? If so, what would be the command, can I put it in put it in the above XML  file ?

Many thanks for the help,

Fadi