cocoon-users mailing list archives

From fadi qutaishat <fadi_taher2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Failed MySQL connection
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:11:04 GMT

Hi guys,

 I am trying to use the MySQL database and after taking a look on the this Website

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/MySQL

and tracing the configurations I have failed to establish a connation with the database

I always get the message “Failed to obtain a connection. Made 5 attempts with 5000ms interval”.

It has been mentioned on the above link that I need to have mysql jdbc driver, saxon , jdk.
Actually I am using the Cocoon version 2.0.4 and the JDK version 1.3.1_11.

What I am not sure about is the saxon to be honest I do not know what it is and do is it already
found in my current version of Cocoon or do I have to get from the internet? If so where should
I place it in Cocoon (i.e., which folder? )

Many thanks,

Fadi