cocoon-users mailing list archives

From fadi qutaishat <fadi_taher2...@yahoo.com>
Subject JAVA or PHP
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2005 15:35:31 GMT

Hi all,

My name is Fadi, I have newly subscribed to the list !

My problem is that I have learnt Cocoon’s basics and my current research project requires
the system that I am working on to have more advanced features.

I have read that one way to extends the Cocoon’s capabilities is to write XPS files which
requires a knowledge in Java. Unfortunately, I don’t have the Java skills.

I have been told that I can do the advanced things through using the PHP (which also I know
nothing about PHP!) and then incorporate that in Cocoon.

I have searching for stuff on the internet that shows how use the PHP inside Cocoon but I
have not fully understood their ideas due to the lack of knowledge in PHP.

I am in the position that I have to decide to learn Java to write XSP or to learn the PHP!.

Please could any one advise me ? even on learning something different.

Kind Regards,

Fadi