cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Brad Kain <brad.k...@quoininc.com>
Subject Link Livesites: Cocoon 2.1.5
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:37:33 GMT
Title: Five Star Alliance -- Search and Book the World's Finest Hotels

Quoin built a sophisticated ecommerce site for Five Star Alliance, an online
service to search and book luxury hotel travel. We collaborated with the
client
to produce a site that exhibits extraordinary performance and a
user-friendly
design. The prominent features of the site include intuitve tools for
searching
luxury hotels by name, location, features, and amenities. A "Virtual Travel
Agent" is also available to guide users through a step-by-step process for
finding a hotel..

Our project team worked with the client to implement a range of
techniques for
search engine optimization, including generating metadata from dynamic page
content, creating search results pages which can be cached, and using simple
static URIs to support page indexing. A key part of the system
architecture was
integration with a third-party information service, which required use of an
XML-based API for requesting hotel information, rates, and reservations.

The 15-week project demonstrated our capability to provide on-time
delivery of a fixed-cost project. Quoin continues to implement
enhancements and give ongoing support for this system.

Technologies: J2EE, Apache Cocoon, CForms, JUnit, CSS, Javascript, XHTML,
PostgresSQL, Apache Ant, CVS, Quoin Delivery Process

Please contact: brad.kain@quoininc.com