cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Frank Rennekamp <frank.rennek...@tanto.de>
Subject need help with cron job scheduler using JobStore tx
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:36:38 GMT
I want to run some cronjobs, and as long as I use the 'ram' JobStore
everything is fine.
But now I would like to save this cronjobs in a database, using the
JobStore 'tx'. Therefore I added the Quartz database tables to the
personnel database (HSQLDB), and in cocoon.xconf I wrote for the
scheduler:

<store type="tx"
delegate="org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdJDBCDelegate">
    <datasource>personnel</datasource>
</store>

and in the section datasources
  <datasources>
    <jdbc logger="core.datasources.personnel" name="personnel">
      <pool-controller max="10" min="5"/>
      <dburl>jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost:9002</dburl>
      <user>test</user>
      <password>secret</password>
    </jdbc>
  </datasources>

But this isn't working, I get the error:

Initialization Problem
Message: Failure occured during job recovery.

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: cannot
create a quartz scheduler

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

cause
org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [See nested exception:
org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Failed to obtain DB connection from data source 'jndi:personnel':
java.sql.SQLException: Could not retrieve datasource via JNDI url 'personnel' javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
Name personnel is not bound in this Context [See nested exception: java.sql.SQLException:
Could not retrieve datasource via JNDI url 'personnel' javax.naming.NameNotFoundException:
Name personnel is not bound in this Context]]

Is there a way so that the scheduler is using the defined datasource in
cocoon.xconf, or do I have to define a datasource in the tomcat
server.xml/web.xml file?

Thank you, any help will be appreciated.
Frank Rennekamp