cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Norman Barker <norm...@comsine.co.uk>
Subject large XML file sizes
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 09:42:22 GMT
Hi,

I am handling GML documents with Cocoon which are very verbose (about
11mb in size).

I am receiving the compressed data from an http post and then using a
custom generator to decompress this data and pass it on down the
pipeline.  Is there a way to improve this bottle neck?

At the generator is has to hold the entire 11mb since it decompressing,
and then in places with XSL it has to hold the XML file in memory to do
a sort.

What does anyone else do with very large XML documents and Cocoon?  The
fact that it was SAX I thought would make it ok, but it is slow, and
occasionally falls over.

Thanks,

Norman