cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bundled Jetty: why "not for production"?
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2005 07:19:38 GMT

Le 7 janv. 05, à 01:08, Mark Lundquist a écrit :

> I've seen it stated or suggested that the Jetty bundled w/ Cocoon is
> somehow not production-worthy (for instance, here:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-
> users&m=110484213120668&w=2).  But I've never gotten a straight answer
> as to why this is held to be true.

IIRC the idea was mostly that people should do tune their servlet
containers to their needs, and know it well instead of just using some
default setup out of the box.

The bundled Jetty would certainly work as is for many applications, but
we don't want people to use it blindly without asking themselves some
questions about tuning, maintenance, uptime, etc., hence the hint to go
download the full package and its documentation, or to evaluate
alternatives.

That's my personal intepretation, hope this helps.
-Bertrand