cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Norman Barker <norm...@comsine.co.uk>
Subject Cocoon crashes App Server
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:11:40 GMT
Hi,

I am using Cocoon on JBoss 3.2.6 (included Tomcat), works really nicely,
and we are using it as an XML-RPC engine
effectively.  In that we receive posted XML requests and return an XML
response these requests/responses are zipped.

However when we receive a request that causes a large XML response (a
couple of mb), the zip archiver fails, and most time
the whole of JBoss crashes without an error log.  Occassionally we get
an out of memory error and then the server dies.

I can't give much info because cocoon and the server just crashes with
no error.

My question is for a zip archiver that is only zipping a couple of mb in
its response why would everything die.  JBoss is running with
a VM switch (-xmx) that gives a maximum of 200mb of memory.  Anyone else
experience this error?

Norman

--
Norman Barker