cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Philippe Guillard <pguill...@soociety.com>
Subject [Portal] menus and i18n
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:37:00 GMT
Hi all,

Does anybody has a plan for making the portal menus /tabs  i18n?
I understand they are prepared at beginning of portal creation by the
respective renderers tab/linktab etc... As the profile/layout/portal.xml
file is prepared once i see 4 solutions:
1-  a portal instance for each language
(I think i loose the flexibiulity of i18n support)
2- as many layouts as languages and a profile for each language
(I'm worried about the anonymous case)
3- do an i18n transformation on the main portal pipeline after the
portal-page.xsl XSL transformation
(I'm worried it would slow down performance to parse all portal pages again)
4- do the menus myself inside coplets
(then i think i can't access the parameters made disponible by the
renderer and disponible in tab.xsl/limktab.xsl, for instance
"named-item" , and i have to do by myself something less flexible than
the one already done in the portal.
One positive thing : in cachingURI coplets, i would have cache)

And i wonder about page-labels.

Anybody any idea?
Regards,

Phil