cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jan Hoskens ...@schaubroeck.be>
Subject Re: bit of brotherly help...
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:43:01 GMT
beyaRecords wrote:
> Hi,
> I was just wondering if there are any cocoon heads out there who have
> access to an I.E browser on an windows platform that can tell me whether
> my site is visible when accessed from the browser?
>
> http://www.beyarecords.com

Yes, I can see your site properly on my winxp with IE6 as well as on firefox!

> If you view source in the browser, you will see that I have placed an
> external tag (test) around the html tag, and this tag picks up some xml
> info:
>
> <test xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0">
>
> If I don't place the tag around the html tag I get:

> When this happens none of the javascript will work in any browser on MAC
> OS X, but if I leave the tag in then nothing appears in an IE browser.
>
> All xsl pages are being transformed as xsltc and the serialize type is
> xhtml.
>
> What to do?

Well if you experience problems with namespaces popping up in your xhtml you can always remove
all
of them by extending the XMLSerializer:

public class XMLSerializer extends org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer
{

     public void endPrefixMapping(String prefix) throws SAXException
     {
         // do nothing
     }

     public void startPrefixMapping(String prefix, String uri)
             throws SAXException
     {
         // do nothing
     }
}

This way no xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0" will bother your html page.

(I did the same to avoid pages with unreadable xml, containing dozens of xmlns on various
elements)

Kind Regards,
Jan