cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Session serialization
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:20:45 GMT
Aurélien DEHAY wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to serialize my sessions with the persistance manager of
> tomcat to not loose them between during a restart.
>
> I use session-context to store XML in my session and use a flowscript
> to handle my login logic (maybe it's not the sexyier way, but that's
> the way I do it).
>
> When I shutdown my tomcat (tested with tomcat 5.0.28, 5.0.30 and
> 5.5.4), I've got the following error:
>
> java.io.NotSerializableException:
> org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.
>
> What is this object? I've tryied to invalidate my continuations
> objects in the flowscript without any success. Is anyone knows a
> solution?
>
> Regards.

Cocoon is not a distributable application, as defined by the Servlet
spec.  You will find that quite a few non-Serializable objects are
stored in the session.  CocoonComponentManager is pretty much what it
sounds like. It keeps track of all the components that have been
configured and are available for use.  As you can imagine, Serializing
this would make very little sense.  I have no idea why it is being
stored in the session though.

Ralph