cocoon-users mailing list archives

From oliver charlet <oliver.char...@form4.de>
Subject Re: Business-Process-Management with Cocoon?
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:13:55 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Hi Ben,<br>
at your evaluation, did you also take a look at the workflow patterns
from van der Aalst? He too did some surveys about workflow
specifications and it seems, that a lot are not really sufficiant, to
solve all modelling problems. Resulting are implementations, that do
only part of what is needed. He also uses PetriNet models to compare
the (xml based) spexes. Some implementations obviously are aware of
that and use Petrinets at their core, rather than inventing something
new (Bossa, jBPM).<br>
Did you consider this in your search, or do you think that's overdone?<br>
:olli<br>
Ben Anderson schrieb:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">we've actually been evaluating open source workflow engines.  I
focused on osworkflow for a while and was rather indifferent about it
and have now (just the last day) started investigating enhydra shark.
So far, it seems to be the best, but I haven't played with it too much
yet.
-Ben

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:13:52 +0100, oliver charlet
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:oliver.charlet@form4.de">&lt;oliver.charlet@form4.de&gt;</a>
wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hi Markus,

it is a late answer, but if you did not yet make up your mind about an
BPM Tool - this is a very serious desicion to do - , go to
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.jbpm.org">http://www.jbpm.org</a>
and check the extensive sources about the subject.
Although the site is about one solution, that is more and more mentioned
as to be the most promissing, I suggest, that you follow some of the
discussions you can find there under
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.jbpm.org/state.of.workflow.html">http://www.jbpm.org/state.of.workflow.html</a>.
Check the links at the end
of this article to get more opinions.
For me the most important conclusion is, that it is important to
understand, that there is *NO* standard BPM language at the moment. Most
of the existing (XML) languages
are not really sufficiant enough to be a real standard.

good look,
:olli

Markus Heussen schrieb:

    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Hi!

Can anybody point me to Open Source BPM Systems using comfortable user
(web-) interfaces to design business processes in standard BPL. In a
new project starting next week we need such a tool to define our
business processes consisting off several Web Service calls.

One tool I found is Twister. For informations about it look at
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.smartcomps.org/twister/">http://www.smartcomps.org/twister/</a>.

Does anybody have experiences in BPMS and can link me to free
alternatives. Maybe there exists a Cocoon based BPM System? Last we
would prefer because we started using Cocoon about 2 years ago.

Thanks for any hint!

Markus

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->