cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Adam Walsh <awa...@contal.net.au>
Subject Re: Context scope available in cocoon?
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2005 23:28:27 GMT
Stephan Coboos wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> I have several config parms which I want to distribute via the
>> context scope. Is in cocoon such a context scope available like in
>> JSP/Servlets?
>
> Ahh, as I saw, only the avalon context has no setAttribute aso. The
> cocoon context instead has already such methods. But how to access the
> cocoon context within a avalon component?

Hi Stephan,

I'm using an Avalon component to set some config parameters in the
context. My component implements Contextualizable and Configurable. I
have a method like:

public void contextualize(Context con) throws ContextException
{
    DefaultContext defCon = (DefaultContext)con;
    this.context =
(HttpContext)defCon.get(Constants.CONTEXT_ENVIRONMENT_CONTEXT);
}

then in the configure method I can do a context.setAttribute()

HTH,
Adam