cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject "Scheduler with name 'Cocoon' already exists."
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2005 19:39:37 GMT
Hi all,
We're trying to run two instances of Cocoon side-by-side under Tomcat 4.1.
The first one, Cocoon 2.1.2, is the default context (path="" in Tomcat's
server.xml file). It works fine, giving a welcome page for the URL
"http://server/".

The second is one we just added. It's Cocoon 2.1.6. We added a context
for it at path="/cocoon-2.1.6", with its own docBase.
After restarting Tomcat, when we try to connect to second instance
through the URL http://server/cocoon-2.1.6/, we get this error in the
browser:

  Initialization Problem

Message: Scheduler with name 'Cocoon' already exists.

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: cannot
create a quartz scheduler

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

cause

org.quartz.SchedulerException: Scheduler with name 'Cocoon' already exists.

Any idea why?
We are running parallel instances of Cocoon under Tomcat on another
machine, and not having this problem. As with the above, one has an
empty string for the context path; the other has a nonempty string.
The other machine uses different versions though -- Tomcat 5.*, and
Cocoon 2.1.2 for both Cocoon instances.

I saw the following thread:
http://swforum.sun.com/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=46088&messageID=143344
which appears to address this issue, but the suggested solution seems to
relate only to the Sun Java System Application Server as far as I could
tell.

Thanks for any help.
Lars