cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Lopke, Michael" <mike.lo...@hp.com>
Subject RE: ESQL and utf-8 encoding
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 23:49:22 GMT
Thanks for all the help.  It appears my data was corrupted in the database.
 
Mike

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Martinson, Theresa [mailto:Theresa.Martinson@personneldecisions.com] 
	Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 12:00 PM
	To: users@cocoon.apache.org
	Subject: RE: ESQL and utf-8 encoding
	
	

	We experienced a similar problem with the character encoding on the http request processed
by Cocoon. We also were attempting to use UTF-8 encoding but found that the encoding would
always default to ISO-8859-1. Looking at the request in a debugger, we found that the actual
http request wrapped by the Cocoon HttpRequest did not have the character encoding properly
set. We corrected this by modifying CocoonServlet to set the character encoding on the wrapped
request to the form-encoding value specified in the web.xml. In order to set the character
encoding, we needed to use the 2.3 version of the servlet jar. This solved our encoding problems
for page display and for request parameter interpretation.

	We understand that this is not directly on point with your problem, but perhaps it may provide
a basis for thought.

	Good luck. 

	Theresa  

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Lopke, Michael [mailto:mike.lopke@hp.com] 
	Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 7:18 PM
	To: users@cocoon.apache.org
	Subject: RE: ESQL and utf-8 encoding
	
	

	Hi, 
	 
	I'm following up on my previous post because I have done quite a bit of reading of the mail
archives which has been helpful, but I'm still stuck.
	 
	I placed some code in my original xsp file that looks like this:
	 
	<xsp:logic>
	                     String debug_thing =EsqlHelper.getStringFromByteArray( _esql_query.getResultSet().getBytes
	                             ("display"),
	                                   ""
	 
	

	                                                   + "UTF-8"
	                                                                 ,"");
	 
	 
	 
	                     System.out.println("DEBUG " + debug_thing);
	</xsp:logic>
	 
	This was nested in side the <esql:query>.  What I'm finding is that the string that
gets printed out to the file is good utf-8.   My problem is that the output I'm getting on
my browser is still incorrect.  Any ideas?  I even modified the container encoding in the
web.xml file and had no luck.
	 
	Thanks,
	Mike Lopke
	 
	 


		-----Original Message-----
		From: Lopke, Michael 
		Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 10:20 AM
		To: users@cocoon.apache.org
		Subject: ESQL and utf-8 encoding
		
		

		Hi, 

		Has anyone here used esql with data that is utf-8 encoded?  I'm able to connect to my database
and get the correct data but it appears that somewhere along the way the data is being interpreted
as iso-8859-1 encoding.  I'm not sure if I got all of the configurations correct.  

		For example, the Chinese character. 
		電 

		Shows up as this. 
		é›»å 


		In my sitemap.xmap I have the following: 

		<map:generators default="file"> 
		         <map:generator label="content,data" logger="sitemap.generator.file" name="file"
pool-grow="4" pool-max="32" pool-min="8" src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator"/>

		         <map:generator label="content,data" logger="sitemap.generator.serverpages" name="xsp"
pool-grow="2" pool-max="32" pool-min="4" src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>

		</map:generators> 

		… 
		     <map:serializers default="html"> 
		... 
		         <map:serializer name="xml" 
		            src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer" 
		            mime-type="text/xml; charset=utf-8"> 
		            <encoding>UTF-8</encoding> 
		         </map:serializer> 
		    </map:serializers> 

		…. 
		<!--  the XSP pages --> 
		      <map:match pattern="*.xml"> 
		         <map:generate type="xsp" src="xsp/{1}.xsp"/> 
		         <map:serialize type="xml"/> 
		      </map:match> 

		The snippit in my xsp file looks like this: 
		... 
		           <esql:results> 
		              <esql:row-results> 
		                 <data> 
		                    <esql:get-string column="display"> 
		                   <esql:encoding>UTF-8</esql:encoding> 
		                   </esql:get-string > 
		                 </data> 
		              </esql:row-results> 
		            </esql:results> 
		… 

		It looks like the generator is interpreting the data as iso-8859-1 and passing it through
the pipe as such.  If I take the same data and put it into an xml file as my source but modify
the encoding at the top to iso-8859-1, I can duplicate the problem.

		Thanks, 
		Mike Lopke 


Mime
View raw message