cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Justin Fagnani <just...@fagnani.com>
Subject Re: Using Cocoon's build system for my webappThanks Ada,
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 14:36:20 GMT
Thanks Adam,

You answered most of my questions.

The only thing left (assuming I understand the wiki docs) is that the
component I'm setting up need to be a singleton instantiated when Cocoon
launches.

I remember using a ComponentManager to get my components. I didn't use XSP
much though, so I'm wondering if this:

> var myComp = cocoon.getComponent(Packages.com.example.MyComponent.ROLE);

Is how I would do it inside a Generator, or if that's maybe XSP specific. Is
the cocoon object now passed to pipeline components through the objectModel?

Also, I need to make sure that the instance I get is the same that was created
at launch time. This is setup in the sitemap, right?

Ahh, knockin the rust off.

Thanks again,
  Justin