cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Oleg Konovalov <oleg...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Can't start Cocoon 2.0.4 on Tomcat 4.1
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:22:21 GMT
I don't have that option:
both my (project) production and book I am reading
are using Cocoon 2.04 and JBoss3-Tomcat4.

Any other suggestions ?

Thank you,
Oleg.

--- Joachim Wackerow <wackerow@zuma-mannheim.de> wrote:

> Oleg
>
> Use the newest Cocoon 2.1.6 and Tomcat 5.0.x (Java 1.4.x) or
> 5.5.x (Java
> 1.5.x!). Cocoon must be build, see the INSTALL.TXT in the
> Cocoon
> distribution. These combinations are running without problems
> with
> Windows XP Professional.
>
> Achim
>
> Oleg Konovalov wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to learn Cocoon based on Lajos Moczar/Aston
> book.
> >
> > Installed Tomcat 4.1.31, downloaded Cocoon
> > cocoon-2.0.4-vm14-bin.zip, unzipped it and put its
> cocoon.war
> > into webapps directory and started Tomcat.
> > Also copied 3 jars (xercesImpl-200.jar, xalan-231.jar,
> > xml-apis.jar)
> > from cocoon.war to Java_Home\jre\lib\endorsed
> >
> > When I try to access http://localhost:8080/cocoon ,
> > getting:
> >
> > Cocoon 2 - Internal server error
> > type fatal
> > message Failed to generate program code (this may happen if
> > you use Xalan in incremental processing mode).
> > Please check log file and/or console for errors.
> >
> >  description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed
> >  generate program code (this may happen if you use Xalan in
> >  incremental processing mode). Please check log file and/or
> >  console for errors.
> >
> >  sender org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
> >  source Cocoon servlet
> >
> >  stack-trace
> >
> >  org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to generate
> >  program code (this may happen if you use Xalan in
> incremental
> >  processing mode). Please check log file and/or console for
> >  errors.
> > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generateResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:395)
> > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:353)
> > at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:312)
> > at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:267)
> >

> >  Checked logs - nothing special, in console:
> >
> >  java.lang.RuntimeException: Errors in XSLT transformation:
> >  Fatal: File

jar:file:/C:/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.31/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/cocoon

-2.0.4.jar!/org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/sitemap/java/sitemap.xs
> >  l; Line 154; Column 32;
> >  org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: The output
> >   format must have a
> >  '{http://xml.apache.org/xalan}content-handler' property!
> > at

org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3407)

> > Using Win2000, IE 5.5, JDK 1.4.2_06
> >
> >  What am I missing ?
> >  Please help !
> >
> >  Thank you in advance,
> >  Oleg
> >  olegkon@yahoo.com
> >
> >  P.S.: I am not using the latest Tomcat and Cocoon, because
> >  in the book they recommend Tomcat4 and cocoon2.03
> >  which matches my development environment

> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> users-help@cocoon.apache.org

=====
Oleg Konovalov