cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Robin Wyles <...@robinwyles.com>
Subject [CForms] Dynamically setting 'required' attribute
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:30:30 GMT
Hi,

I have a form in which I need to dynamically set the required attribute
of certain fields. The form itself is created dynamically from a bean
using <fd:union/> and such in the form definition file and  <fb:case/>
in the binding file. This all works great, but  after looking at the
api docs I have been unable to find a way to dynamically set the
required attribute of the field itself after the form model has been
instantiated.

Currently I am having to dynamically add a custom validator to each
field which is determined to be required, I also dynamically set a
field attribute that is processed by my forms styling XSL, so that the
field is rendered as required on the front-end.

Can anyone tell me how I might be able to dynamically set the required
attribute of the field directly?

I am considering the possibility of dynamically creating the form model
or definition in java, but I am not sure whether this route is
advisable - if anyone can point me to examples of this I would
appreciate it!

Thanks,

Robin