cocoon-users mailing list archives

From wim den ouden <w.denou...@home.nl>
Subject Re: [Poll] Portal deployment / Cocoon portal usage
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:16:56 GMT
On Mon, 2005-01-24 at 09:21 +0100, Matthew Langham wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> In the past months we have seen an increase in the use of the Cocoon portal
> framework, which is really great. However it is still obvious that the
> portal has low visibility when it comes to anyone creating a list of Open
> Source java portals. In order to perhaps correct this and gain a better
> impression of who is using the portal framework - what for and maybe also
> why not, I have put together a short poll.
>
> It would be great if you could take a few minutes to answer the questions
> (even if you are not actually using a portal) and send me your answers. I
> will collect the results and then publish an overview on the Cocoon wiki.
> Hopefully we will then also have a better understanding of what features -
> for example - may be missing.
>

> Thanks for your time.
>
> Matthew Langham

snip >>>>>>>>>

1. Are you currently using the Cocoon Portal Framework?

B) No we are not, but currently considering it

The following questions only if you are using a portal

2. Why did you choose the specific portal solution you are using?

C) Technology
but we think the cocoon portal can much more with less money, tech etc

The following questions only if you are using the Cocoon Portal framework

3. Why did you choose the Cocoon portal framework?

C) Becaus of the features of the framework

4. What do you think is currently missing from the Portal framework?

B) WSRP support
D) Better Documentation

5. How do you get support for the framework

A) Through the mailing lists
B) Reading the documentation and other publications

6. Details/Comments (Optional)
Please feel free to add any details you think may be of interest
I was working on Jetspeed2 but it's getting big, complex etc. I like 'small' easy to couple
programs which do the job.
So please keep the Cocoon Portal as simple as possible. (don't try to
fill in every thing (do we need jsr-168?), stable is better.