cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <dho...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Design Quandry (POST xml data to be handled by Cocoon)
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 06:55:25 GMT
David

Normally XSP is used for generation, not processing.
Its possible that XSLT could be used for processing,
as a further step in the pipeline (the generation being
the first step).  This, of course, depends on what the
output XML should be (and what type of processing is
required).

D Hohls
Environmental Systems Developer
CSIR Environmentek
PO Box 17001
Kwa-Zulu Natal
South Africa
4013
www.csir.co.za

>>> David.Lewis@SIRVA.com 12/08/04 12:38 AM >>>
Dear List.

I am new to cocoon and I have a design question.

What I would like to accomplish is that a client program post an XML
message to Coccon.

Which then processes the message and returns XML to the client.

Example Login

Client Generates

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<login>

 <userid>userid</userid>

 <passwd>passwd</passwd>

</login>

Sends this to a cocoon uri.

The sitemap uses the stream generator to generate the xml

Now Im stuck.  How can I send the XML to an XSP or an Action to process
it.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

David Lewis

believed to be clean.