cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mark Lundquist ...@wrinkledog.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic reloading of classes
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 20:36:49 GMT

On Dec 14, 2004, at 10:29 AM, irv@dotech.com wrote:

> Environment is cocoon 2.1.6 and bundled jetty.
>
> When we are developing custom transformers, actions, etc, in java, do
> we have to
> restart jetty each time we make a change?  We tried using the allow
> reload
> method but we get a quartz error. (which I can send if there is no
> other way to
> accomplish this) It would be great if we could just reload our custom
> classes
> that have changed.

This used to work, but I can't vouch for it in 2.1.6, as I haven't
tried it yet...

In WEB-INF/cocoon.xconf, find the entry for the FOM flow-interpreter.
Make sure <reload-scripts>true, and add something like this:

	<classpath>context:/../java</classpath>

It's actually not reloading classfiles that you have compiled, it's
lazy-recompiling from source using the bundled Eclipse compiler.

HTH,
Mark