cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gawde, Kiran" <Kiran.Ga...@schwab.com>
Subject RE: Do I need a repeater to append nodes in XML file
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2004 20:53:23 GMT
I am tired of deleting this message. Could you please stop sending the
message? Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lincoln Mitchell [mailto:lincoln@linc.net.au]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 2:55 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Do I need a repeater to append nodes in XML file

I am trying to learn CFORMS and for starters wish to create just a simple 1
field form and a submit button that appends a new "contact" to a xml
document like this:

<contacts>
        <contact>
                <firstname>Fred</firstname>
        </contact>
        <contact>
                <firstname>Burt</firstname>
        </contact>
        <contact>
                <firstname>Harry</firstname>
        </contact>
.
<contacts>

To do this I have been stripping down the 'form2xml' sample:
http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/forms/form2xml.flow.

My questions are:
Do I still need a fb:repeater to do this? How a bout fb:identity? If so, can
you explain why?

Linc