cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "John L. Webber" <John.Web...@jentro.com>
Subject Re: importPackage broken in 2.1.6?
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:10:31 GMT
Hello Jeroen,

A search of all of our flowscripts reveals no variable with the name of
"_packages_". And if I remove the importPackages declarations and
instead write "new Packages.com.foo.Foo()" (of course our packages have
a different name! ;-) ), it works fine. And as far as I can tell, we do
declare all our variables explicitly.

Still puzzled,

John

Jeroen Reijn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using 2.1.6 as well, but do not have the problem.
> It seems to me that you have declared a variable named __packages__  somewhere in your
flowscript.
> Put 'var ' before the variable and your problem should be solved.
>

> We have code like:
>
> importPackage(Packages.com.foo);
>
> var myFoo = new Foo(); //a com.foo.Foo
>
> This worked fine under 2.1.3. Now with 2.1.6 I get the error message,
> "Implicit declaration of global variable '_packages_' forbidden. Please
> ensure all variables are explicitely declared with the 'var' keyword
>          at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter$ThreadScope.put(FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter.java:459)
>          at
> org.mozilla.javascript.ImporterTopLevel.importPackage(ImporterTopLevel.java:157)"
>

> Is importPackage no longer valid, or am I missing something here?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

  Jentro Technologies GmbH
  John L. Webber, Software Development
  Rosenheimer Str. 145e	    81671 M√ľnchen
  Tel. +49 89 189 169 80     mailto:John.Webber@jentro.com
  Fax  +49 89 189 169 99     http://www.jentro.com
NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential or may
otherwise be legally privileged. It is intended for the named recipient
only. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by
reply or by calling the telephone number above and delete this message
and all its attachments without any use or further distribution of its
contents. Please note that any unauthorised review, copying, disclosing
or otherwise making use of the information is strictly prohibited. Thank
you.