cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject Re: error building Cocoon 2.1.6 on Suse Linux
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:34:28 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

>On Mar, 14 de Diciembre de 2004, 9:18, Lars Huttar dijo:
>

>>Searching this mailing list's archives I found the message appended at
>>the bottom of this one, which suggests that the problem can be solved by
>>using the Ant included with Cocoon, rather than the one on the system.
>>But I've been using build.sh, which explicitly uses the provided Ant. I
>>even put "echo" statements in build.sh that verify that tools/bin/ant is
>>being used. Nor have I modified any Ant settings (this is a new Linux
>>installation).
>>So... any other ideas?
>>

>The not found task is part of cocoon distribution. This clear tell that
>even when you use ./build.sh, the system is using other ant version.
>

> SOLUTION: Remove the ant of the SuSe instalation.

Ah, build.sh runs tools/bin/ant, which I thought was the actual Ant
executable...
but actually it's a shell script that searches for the system-installed
Ant!  :-S
Why? If the Cocoon build is dependent on using the Cocoon-provided Ant,
shouldn't tools/bin/ant use the Cocoon-provided Ant instead of the
system one?
It seems non-ideal that I have to uninstall the system Ant so it's
unavailable for other applications.

But anyway, that gives me a workaround I can use. Thanks!

Lars