cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Usage of "form.createBinding" compared with "form.load"
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2004 14:05:22 GMT
On 13.12.2004 13:26, Philipp Rech wrote:

>>You need both. createBinding with the binding file name tells the forms
>>framework how to bind, load and save tells what to bind to.

> but it is still not clear since i don't use form.createBinding in my example
> which is working. I just call load and save and the Sitemap tells the CForms
> where the binding file is rigth?

No, somewhere it must be called. In the sitemap you only pass a
parameter to the flow script. Somewhere this parameter must be read. If
you use the default way (what I guess from your function call to
handleForm()) it is done in the file Form.js, which is in
src/blocks/forms/java/org/apache/cocoon/forms/flow/javascript (or after
build in the webapp's lib dir in cocoon-forms-block.jar).

>  <map:call function="handleForm">

This call to handleForm is the secret, it does the rest for you.

Joerg