cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: jsp:include and JSP-Reader (IllegalStateExc.)
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 11:23:37 GMT
On 09.12.2004 10:08, Kees van Dieren wrote:

> I've been trying to make dynamic includes work in JSP
> work, for more than
> a day. Sadly it seems to be impossible to dynamicly
> include another JSP in
> a JSP. I also tried the <c:import> tag, which is from
> the JSTL spec, but
> it doesn't work also.
>
> The only way I could have made work is to use the
> include directive, e.g.:
>
> <%@ include file="header.jsp" %>
>
> The disadvantage is that the file can not be dynamic,
> e.g. this is not
> possible:
>
> <%
> String myPage="header.jsp";
> %>
> <%@include file=myPage%>
>
> It makes it quite difficult to migrate existening
> applications to Cocoon.
> Will this ever be made working, or is there a
> workaround for this problem?

Unfortunately that's a known limitation of Cocoon's JSP integration,
includes and IIRC redirects do not work from JSPs. The problem is to
present Tomcat a correct environment, so that it can work. We would need
somebody knowing all the details and until now it seems those people had
no interest in it even when they were using Cocoon.

Joerg