cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Nicolson <p...@star.le.ac.uk>
Subject URL re-writing max length
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 15:20:22 GMT
Hi,

I am presently using cocoon with tomcat 5.0.19, and am occassionally
seeing the following problem:

I create a form, based upon various astronomical tools. Depending on the
chosen tool the form will have a number of parameter fields, which may
contain extremely long input values (references to locations of files on
a grid system for example). Once submitted the values are used in a
cocoon action.
I am starting to see a problem for a particular tool which has >20 input
parameters, each of which may be dozens of characters long. When this
occurs pressing the submit button has no effect as the form is never
submitted.
Before I go mad investigating this can anyone tell me if there is an
issue with URL lengths?

thanks

--
Phillip Nicolson
Department of Physics & Astronomy		Phone:	(0)116 2523581