cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Casey" <Mike.Ca...@ird.govt.nz>
Subject Re: detect that a session has expired (how to?)
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2004 02:29:41 GMT
I have been having a similar issue with a logging system I have
been working on. I have got around this with sessions. In the
FOM_Session class that is nested in the FOM_Cocoon class there
are methods for getting the last accessed time and for setting
the maximum inactive interval.

>From there, when I run through the flow of a form I check to see
if the last accessed time is greater than the interval -> simple
way to tell. This worked for me because I am using cocoon for the
form part of the website only, we do not authenticate users.

If you are doing this outside and want to do it dynamically you
made need to run a seperate thread. I am unsure... someone else
may have a better idea!

Cheers

Mike

>>> pjoseph_98@yahoo.com 1/12/2004 2:56:25 p.m. >>>
Hi,

I am wrestling with a requirement that I keep tabs of
the number of  users that are currently logged into
the system.

When the user logs in, I can increment the counter (no
problem).  When the user explicitly logs out, I can
decrement the counter.

However, how do I decrement the counter if the user
does not *explicitly* log out, but simply walks away
and the user's session simply times out?  How do I
detect the session expiration and act on that?

TIA!
Paul

=====
This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive
use of
the addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential, or
privileged
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
copying,
disclosure, dissemination, or distribution is strictly
prohibited.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
return mail and delete this communication and destroy all
copies.