cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Manipulating the DOM in flowscript
Date Tue, 30 Nov 2004 06:08:09 GMT
Great, thanks Tony for a positive contibution and good
support!

>>> TEdwards@civica.com.au 2004/11/29 11:57:40 PM >>>
Hi guys,
I wrote a simple wiki page about creating and editing xml documents
using flow:
http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/FlowBasedXMLEditor

I attached a little flowscript file which exposes most of the DOM api
calls in flow. It might be a little vague as it was written for an
application with a specific purpose and is in no way generic enough but

it will give you some clues about manipulating DOM objects in flow.

Regards,
Tony

Brent Johnson wrote:

> > I think what is fundamentally wrong is your comprehansion of DOM.
What
> > you're trying to do:
> >
> >  >      document.insertBefore(keyNode,keyNode);
> >
> > makes absolutely no sense to me, and probably to DOM. What does it
mean
> > "to insert a node before itself"???
>
> Yes - you'd never use the same node as arguments to insertBefore.
If
> I understand the API you would use insertBefore like this:
>
> <person>
> <name>Brent Johnson</name>
> <occupation>Web Developer</occupation>
> </person>
>
> if "newChild" is a reference to a node with child nodes like
> call to:
>
> document.insertBefore(newChild, refChild);
>
> Would have a result of something like:
>
> <person>
> <id>4</id>
> <name>Brent Johnson</name>
> <occupation>Web Developer</occupation>
> </person>
>
> I've never used it.. but that seems to be what the DOM API says.  Per

> the API:
> "Inserts the node newChild before the existing child node refChild.
If
> refChild is null, insert newChild at the end of the list of
children.
> "
>
> Hope that helps... and I agree that this isnt a Cocoon problem and
you
> should probably read the DOM Java API a little closer before posting
> Java Exception to this mailing list.  Just my 2 cents.
>
> - Brent

This email is from Civica Pty Limited and it, together with any
attachments,
is confidential to the intended recipient(s) and the contents may be
legally
privileged or contain proprietary and private information. It is
intended
solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not an
intended
recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this email. If
received in
error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your
system
immediately.
Any views or opinions expressed in this email and any files transmitted
with
it are those of the author only and may not necessarily reflect the
views of
Civica and do not create any legally binding rights or obligations
whatsoever. Unless otherwise pre-agreed by exchange of hard copy
documents
signed by duly authorised representatives, contracts may not be
concluded on
behalf of Civica by email.
Please note that neither Civica nor the sender accepts any
responsibility
for any viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and
the
attachments (if any). All email received and sent by Civica may be
monitored
to protect the business interests of Civica.

believed to be clean.