cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Manipulating the DOM in flowscript
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 07:02:18 GMT
Ugo

I don't understand your reply; I was trying to insert
a new node before the first, second-level node... and
as I said in the post; I have tried a whole variety of
DOM manipulations, none of which worked.  So I was
concerned that either (a) the document could not be
manipulated at all or (b) there was something more
fundamentally wrong.

I appreciate that this is not a "Cocoon" problem per se
(if one wants to be pedantically accurate) - nonetheless
the Cocoon developers have chosen to allow use of
Javascript in the flow controller, so it not unreasonable
to ask and/or answer the odd question related to its
use... just as we try to deal with simpler, XSL-related
questions before referring folk (esp. newbies) to the
XSL mailing list.

Thanks
Derek

>>> ugo@apache.org 2004/11/26 03:23:21 PM >>>
Il giorno 26/nov/04, alle 13:45, Derek Hohls ha scritto:

> is valid, but a call like:
>     var keyNode = document.firstChild.firstChild;
>     if (keyNode != null) {
>       document.insertBefore(keyNode,keyNode);
>     }
>
> gives an error for the insert operation.
> org.w3c.dom.DOMException: NOT_FOUND_ERR:
> An attempt is made to reference a node in a context where it does
not
> exist.

I think the DOM does not like inserting a node before itself. It does
not make a lot of sense to me either ;). Anyway, this is a problem with

the DOM API, not with flowscript or Cocoon.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/

believed to be clean.