cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Using htmlArea 'output' with SVG
Date Fri, 26 Nov 2004 07:41:41 GMT
Ugo

OK, sorry for my obviously too brief explanation.
I was trying to say that I am using the normal
Cocoon "binding forms to an XML file" approach.
That *is*, as far as I understand, very much Cocoon's
concern. I don't know know how Ccooon does this,
and the 'where' is not really relevant in this case.
What I am trying to  figure out is how to get the altered
string (DOM) "back into" the form data that needs to be
saved.  i.e. between the two steps that I had listed.

If you do not know how to do this, then I will start a
new thread, based on all the info to date, and see if
someone else can help.

Thanks
Derek

>>> ugo@apache.org 2004/11/26 09:13:30 AM >>>
Il giorno 26/nov/04, alle 07:59, Derek Hohls ha scritto:

> How do I go about ensuring that the "altered" data
> from the "fieldName" entry is included in the saved
> document?

I don't know, I have no idea how you are saving a document and where.
My methods gives you a DOM representiing the HTML content of the
HTMLArea. What you do with that is not my and Cocoon's concern :-). You

can serialize it and send it to a database, file, socket. You can send

it to a view pipeline. You can query it using XPath to count the number

of occurrrences of the <p> element, who knows?

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://beblogging.com/

believed to be clean.