cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Memory usage
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:06:03 GMT
Jan

I am having the same problems when doing a "refresh" on a
page that displays an SVG - I find after a few times I have to
restart Tomcat.

Any solutions to this would be welcome! (I don't have the
"chopping up" option open to me, though)

Derek

>>> jh@schaubroeck.be 2004/11/23 09:55:18 AM >>>
Hi,

I'm working with cocoon 2.1.5. Yesterday I had some problems rendering
pdf (fop). As I had some trouble before with memory usage, I know that

I'll have to check the size of the memory again. But I didn't have any

problems rendering pdf before. Now today I just restarted the tomcat
and
tried again. This time no problems with pdf rendering. So here's the
question part:

- if the webapp is running for a longer period of time, will this
affect
memory usage a lot?
- I'm using fop to generate pdf, I already buillt in some mechanism to

chop the larger xml files to smaller bits (ending page sequences sooner

to free up memory) but are there perhaps better alternatives?
- do I need to upgrade to 2.1.6 (ie are there enhancements in memory
usage/load)?

Kind Regards,
Jan

believed to be clean.